SCOPE The Chemical Society shall cover all aspects of learning, research application, practice and professional conduct in all branches of chemistry and related disciplines.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote other advancement of chemical sciences and technology in Kenya.
- To promote communication and co-ordination between and among chemists and allied professionals in Kenya.
- To provide a forum for discussion and a medium for dissemination of chemical knowledge among the members of the chemical society and the public at large.
- To encourage advanced training and research in chemistry within Kenya and to find ways and means for such training elsewhere.
- To co-operate with the Government of Kenya and other public bodies or institutions in national development.
- To co-operate with other national and international chemical organizations in organizing meetings, exchanging of information etc.
- To institute and maintain professional standards amongst its members.
- To promote the welfare of chemists in Kenya.
In pursuance of the aforementioned aims and objectives the Chemical Society shall endeavour.
- To promote communication and co-ordination amongst its members.
- To provide a forum for discussion and a medium for the dissemination of knowledge amongst its members by organizing symposia, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- To create a familiarity with chemical knowledge and application amongst members of the public, through the mass media.
- To co-operate with the appropriate government institutions in formulating scientific and educational policies in planning and in exploring the results of research.
- To act as a medium for advancement of chemical knowledge in Kenya and to promote international goodwill and understanding through the exchange of research work and scholars.
- To develop and co-ordinate creative abilities of young chemists by encouraging formation of chemistry clubs, associations and organizing competitions and such other activities as the chemical Society may deem fit.
- To establish, publish and distribute a peer reviewed journal of the Chemical Society.
- To encourage advanced short-term courses and scholarships.
- To develop and maintain a code of conduct for chemists.
- To undertake such other activities as may be consistent with aims and objectives of the Chemical Society.
- Develop a mechanism for accrediting practising professional chemist in Kenya.